Sunday, September 14, 2008

Factors (Chapter 2)

What factors (characteristics of the speaker, contextual factors, characteristics of our own personality, etc) interfere with your ability to listen.

It depends on the situation and mood as to what interferes with my ability to listen. If I am sick then my ability is really gone because I am concentrating more on how bad I feel rather than what is being said to me. If something has happened and I am upset then I am more focused on what is upsetting me than what is being said to me. Sometimes the tv distracts me and I can not focus on listening to what someone is saying to me because I am to much into the show or game being showed. Majority of the time my friends interfere with my ability to listen to other people because they are either calling, texting, or just interrupting whatever is going on around me.

No comments: